Monday, February 14, 2011

Interesting Results


What an interesting week; a true roller coaster of a ride.  I started this week on such a high.  First pounds lost in a while, awesome workouts, 100 percent diet days, lots of energy and feeling great.  As we all know…. that didn’t last long.

When I went for my official weigh in today I knew that there was going to be one of two results: Either a huge weight loss (from not eating for four days), or a weight gain (from retaining everything over the past 24 hours).  I was surprised to see a even 4.0-pound weight loss for the week .

Now hold on… before you tell me what I already know.  My weigh in today is not accurate.  Because of the roller coaster that my body has been in I need to wait until next week to gain accurate results.  I am fully aware of this however was motivated by seeing such a beautiful number on the scale.  My mentor and I discussed that I may see up to 2.0-pounds of the next week and to not freak out if I do.  My goal however is to stay where I am for this week.  I think it is doable as I am feeling back to 100% and am ready to hit the gym tomorrow to continue my February Challenge.

My distance goal for this week is 67 miles.  You may say that is crazy however I have reasoned it out.  Last week in two very awesome workouts I was able to get in 33.35 miles and would of hit my goal of 50 if I didn’t catch the flu.  Thus I figure I should keep my base a 50 and add what was missed last week (17miles).  I believe in my energy and strength and can’t wait to get back to it this week.

Thank you again everyone for your support and kind words through various outlets over the past week.  Made the weekend go by faster J.


When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
     
  - Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment