Monday, February 7, 2011

A Big Day


I think the thing that I love most about taking a journey is the ups and downs that one experiences on the way.  Boy have I experienced them.  I have spent the last 6 weeks putting 100% (most of the time) into my journey and getting no results. As I am a perfectionist and am very hardworking I get very discouraged when I don’t see results that I think reflect my effort.  That is until today!!!!

I weighed in (unofficially) at the gym in the morning yesterday to find the same number staring back up as the one last Monday at my official weigh in.  This was very upsetting (thus the mental games I was tweeting about).  I decided last night that my sweetheart and I would take a break from my diet and enjoy some good rotisserie chicken at the local Swiss Chalet.  I told her that it didn’t matter because I didn’t lose any weight this week and at which point I am going to enjoy something that I have missed since starting my journey back in November.

When I got up this morning I was ready to get back on the bandwagon as I had an abnormal amount of energy flowing through my body and I was ready to jump into my February challenge with my morning workout.  This is where my day/journey took a turn towards the light at the end of the tunnel and renewed my desire to continue.

My morning workout consisted of my completing 18.35 miles in 65 minutes that is a little more than a third of the way to my weekly goal.  I than called the University that I had applied to at the beginning of January to check on my status to find out that I have been accepted in to my program for the coming fall.  So far so good…from here I continued on my day till going to my weigh in.  Expecting what I knew was coming I was pleasantly jumping off the walls from the results.  I found out that I had LOST 2.2 POUNDS!!!!!! This means that not only have I lost weight for the first week in 6 but also I lost a significant amount.  I was very surprised to find that I have lost 29.8 pounds in 14 weeks.  I am so excited.  27 pounds to go to reach my goal (set with my consultant) and 37 more for my personal goal!

Very good day and a very good start to what will be a very good week.  Hope you all have an awesome week too and would love to hear about some of your BIG DAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment