Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another Ditch in the Road


I have come to the conclusion that the flu really bites.  For the past three days I have been stuck in my apartment, bed ridden, watched 4 movies, had a head ache, fever, back pain, dizziness, and a sore throat.  Today is the first in three that I have eaten and I think I have drank enough water to fill a hot tub.  Unfortunately I don’t see a light at the end.

I don’t know if this is motivation or guilt or what but all I could think of during my three days of sickness was that I was not getting my workouts in and thus wasn’t staying on track.  I know that I am insane to feel this way as I physically couldn’t move over the past 72 hours but it was still on my mind.  I hope that tomorrow I am feeling better and can maybe eat my full daily caloric intake, get back on track, and get out for a light walk.  I know that I will not be strong enough to hit up the gym but I do wish I were.  I miss feeling the burn, being in the gym, and feeling like I am working towards something.  I guess this is just another ditch in the road.

I started this week really strong. I completed 33 miles of my 60-mile goal and had lost weight for the first time in six weeks. I was on such a high.  I know that I need to just get better, rest, have lots of fluids, and jump back on the wagon when I feel better. I just keep reminding myself that this is a marathon and not a sprint.  This journey is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix.

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and best wishes that I have received from you all.  It makes the journey easier.  I apologize for the acknowledgements but there are two people that I need thank.  Sissy I love you and you are an inspiration to me.  Thank you so much for the kind words that you spoke tome the other day.  I also want to say thank you to AliD.  You are a rock for me to stand on and you support me above and beyond the call of duty.  Thank you so much.

Time to get better and push hard.  Weigh-in in 48 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment